Final Photos from the Editorial
Final Photos


Here are my final two images for the editorial shoot, I have chosen one image that is a close up and one that shows the arm. I am pleased with the photos It has all the elements that I was wanting to it to have. I did have alot of problems with the scarification and trying to get it to look realistic and into the skin, I used the same technique of applying it that I learnt in class but I don't feel like it looks realistic. While shooting I tried apply concealer, foundation and powders but it still didn't look like it blended into the skin but this is a something i can approve on again. I think the rice on the face looks good and does look alot more realistic, I tried to make her skin tone look warm by adding a dark powder to her cheeks, I wanted to show that she had been in the sun. I also think that the slight gold on the cheeks and colour bone works well and reflects the glowing look I wanted to achieve, I found the gold supracolour hard to work with on the cheeks so I had to use aqua colour and a contour brush and this made applying it much easier. I love the gold lips this gives a more modern touch, and I think it shows that she is head of her tribe. It is a shame that in the photos you can't see alot of my plaiting work because it did look good and showed my creativity with hair. The gold on the headband ties in with the gold on the lips. I chose the gold and black earrings as this went with my whole look, i tried out all my accessories that I bought when I was shooting but they all didn't work because i had the scarification on the chest. I had to shoot in my own studio and using my own SLR camera because I had problems with model with is unfortunate because I think the scarification would of looked better in the studio but i think I did well with what I could do. I'm glad that my images show of a number of different techniques that I have learnt in my classes(scarification, plaits, hair props,supra colours).
No comments:
Post a Comment